We partnered with Mountain Project to cover the second annual Women’s Climbing Festival, an event where 300 women gather in Bishop, California, to take clinics, participate in open panel discussions, and climb together. From an interview with Shelma Jun, the event’s founder, to clips from the media clinic, led by Julie Ellison, former editor-in-chief of Climbing magazine and current contributing editor at Mountain Project, and Natalie Siddique, co-founder and COO of Moja Outdoors, here’s an inside look at the in-demand festival that sold out in a single minute.
Women and brands highlighted:
- Shelma Jun, founder of Flash Foxy and the Women’s Climbing Festival: https://flashfoxy.
- Never Not Collective, new all-female media crew that Shelma talks about: http://
- Moja Gear, one of the clinics led by co-founder: http://mojagear.
- Climbing mag, one of the clinics led by EIC who just left: http://www.climbing.com/
- Lindsey Hamm, guide for Kling Mountain Guides, interviewed: http://www.
- Nina Williams—not featured, but was there on the panel and hosted a clinic: https://www.instagram.
- ^ Same with Kate Rutherford: http://www.
- Mountain Rambler Brewery hosted much of the festival: http://www.