The Dispatch Radio crew sat down with two giants in their respective outdoor worlds – Clare Gallagher and Olivia Hsu – with a host of #fots in the Studio Boulder Airstream. With Upslope beers in hand and The Good Kind band to set the mood, we dug into a wide array of topics.
Despite the nearly 15 years that separate them and different outdoor pursuits, Clare and Olivia a lot in common. Both are highly educated women who planned to pursue professional careers – for Olivia, the law, for Clare, medicine – before the adventure bug bit them. Just last year, following her win at the Leadville 100, Clare dropped plans to pursue medical school in order to focus full-time on running. Both women are sponsored by big brands – for Clare, The North Face, and for Olivia, prAna and Five Ten, among many others. And both have a sweet tooth, though Clare stepped her love up a notch with a frosting sponsorship with Boulder-based FROST’D.
- Climbing hard in your 40s and beyond
- The benefits of yoga to climbing and running
- SNAKES! on the trail
- Making a career out of outdoor adventure
- Running and climbing retreats
- Our first sit-down with Olivia, from GoCiety Adventure Fest
- Julia Hanlon’s Running on Om podcast
- Our collab piece with Mountain Project on the Women’s Climbing Festival
- Russ’s Q&A with Clare in Elevation Outdoors magazine